CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DUTY LOCATION: 1109th Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose is to assure quality maintenance and repair of aircraft systems consisting of avionics, electrical, electronic and instrument components.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Area 2: All current members of the Connecticut Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects aircraft systems consisting of avionics, electrical, electronic and instrument systems and components.
- Performs initial, in-process and final inspections on aircraft systems and components, as necessary, to assure a continuing quality of workmanship meeting technical specifications established by technical manuals.
- Reviews new and interprets existing technical publications applicable to inspection, modification, and repair of aircraft systems.
- When designated on NGB Flying Status orders, may participate in aerial flights which are defined by applicable Army publications as Maintenance Test Flights.
- Performs such travel as may be required in accomplishment of assigned duties and the organizational mission.
- Occasional Travel
- Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability