To Qualify for the GS -13: Experience must be IT related, demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience obtained in either the private or public sector, and/or completion of specific, intensive training that demonstrates that you possess each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to Detail Thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must demonstrate in your resume at least (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector typically gained in the IT field or through performing IT related tasks such as: providing IT Project guidance in the areas of planning, development, implementation, and evaluation: creating project status reports for customers at specific frequencies that detail completed task and accomplishments, issues, and planned activities; conducting IT consultation with customers or other technical staff to address their business and technical needs; and troubleshooting IT system issues or problems through partnering with the customer and other technical staff to analyze and resolve the issue or problem.View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- Well Qualified for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- Qualified for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
Candidates determined to be Best Qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
If you are a veteran, CTAP or ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links for additional information and required documents:
All such documents MUST be received by 11:59pm ET of the closing date, Friday, July 11, 2014, to be considered.