In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: work that involves performing clerical or administrative tasks such as records management, file maintenance, or prioritizing work. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and procedures relating to military personnel programs
- Skill in automated systems
- Skill in customer service
- Ability to gather, organize and compile correspondence
- Ability to organize workload
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definition(s) below: Education may be substituted for specialized experience with 4 years of education above high school.
(Note: In order to qualify based on education, you must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Specialized Experience and Education: Specialized experience as described above, but less than one year specialized experience and less than four years of education beyond high school as described above. The computed the percentage of the requirements total is at least 100%. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education by 36. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify) (Note: In order to qualify based on a combination of education and experience,you must attach a copy of your transcripts)
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S.Citizenship.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) will not be authorized.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.