Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Project Management Officer in the Office of Compliance, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, you will be responsible for the development, administration, implementation, and monitoring of Office and Division level project management initiatives and directives.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CDER-DE-14-1147528TM under delegated examining procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under delegated examining procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement under noncompetitive merit promotion procedures. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Performs substantive coordination and facilitation related to the administration, execution and tracking of a broad portfolio of project management activities associated with compliance issues and agency initiatives.
- Coordinates cross-functional projects to ensure appropriate teaming is developed; timelines and deliverables are met.
- Analyzes and reviews scientific and technical data for scientific and technical accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews correspondence from regulatory, scientific, and other stakeholders groups to ensure consistency and adherence to policies and proper documentation in relation to Agency requirements, including the use of appropriate regulatory language.·
- Serves as the regulatory compliance liaison to internal and external stakeholders; represents the Center/Office/Division on committees, task forces and work groups.
- Coordinates response to communications from domestic and international professional and non-professional individuals and organizations, consumers, consumer groups, and legislative staff.