About the Agency
Earth Day is every day at EPA! Come help us protect the environment! Our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career-we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. We consistently rank as one of the top Federal agencies in which to work, with great benefits and work flexibilities. Find yourself at EPA.
This position is located in Region 5, Water Division, Underground Injection Control Branch, Section 2 in Chicago, IL. For more information on this office, visit their website: www.epa.gov/region5.
- Perform work related to the issuance and administration of Underground Injection Control (UIC) permits and the oversight of state and industry pollution control/pollution prevention programs.
- Focus on Class VI permits relating to carbon sequestration.
- Analyze scientific and technical environmental issues and performs work involving the review and implementation of Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and the Underground Injection Control (UIC) regulations.
- Analyze reports, data, computer modeling submitted by Class VI - carbon sequestration permittees to determine compliance with permits.
- Investigate cases of violation and/or prepare enforcement actions in all well classes.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts.
- Occasional Travel
- May require overnight travel 1-5 days per month.