About the Agency
These positions may be filled on a virtual basis at the employees' current duty station, including the DC metro area. The site for this position will be determined based upon the duty location of the selectee.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As a Lead Business Management Specialist, you will be responsible for leading a team of specialists in implementing GSA charge card services, including GSA SmartPay products and services; leading team members in originating business development strategies; and improving customer service, and developing program operational guidelines and legislative initiatives.
This position is located in the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS or Q); Office of Travel, Motor Vehicle, and Card Services (QM); Office of Charge Card Management (QMB), Service Delivery Division (QMBB), 1800 F Street, NW, Washington DC.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
-Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans
-Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
-Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
-Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan
-Flexible work schedules and telework
-Transit and child care subsidies
-Training and development
At this time, we are filling two vacancies. However, additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
Your major duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Leads the formulation of business development strategies that facilitate the growth of the GSA SmartPay program and enhance the FAS position as a leading source of state-of-the art, high quality products and services.
- Educates diverse audiences on the mechanics and benefits of the GSA SmartPay program.
- Initiates discussions with customer agencies and bank contractors to promote the GSA SmartPay program.
- Researches unique customer needs and matches these needs to GSA SmartPay products and services directing efforts to present the best possible solutions to targeted customers.
- Plans, researches, develops, coordinates, and evaluates policies, programs and processes for the GSA SmartPay program.
- Coordinates legislative matters pertaining to GSA charge card services, including GSA SmartPay products and services.
- Develops background information and analysis of proposed legislation and makes recommendations to the Director of the Office of Charge Card Management on the position GSA should take on these matters..
- Provides leadership to a team of Specialists who perform a variety of ad hoc and recurring project assignments.
- Occasional Travel
- Must be able to travel occasionally on official business.