Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: Offices, Boards and Divisions
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Denver, CO View Map
NOTE: This vacancy announcement has been amended to extend the closing date.
The Indian Resources Section, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment & Natural Resources Division, is seeking an experienced attorney for the position of Trial Attorney in Denver, CO. The Indian Resources Section represents the United States in its trust capacity in litigation pending in federal and state courts for the benefit of Indian tribes and individual Indians. These suits include seeking to establish tribal water rights, protecting treaty hunting and fishing rights, remedying trespasses on tribal lands, and establishing reservation boundaries and rights to land. The Indian Resource Section also defends the United States in legal challenges to agency programs designed to further tribal sovereignty, such as the Department of the Interiors program for the acquisition of trust land for tribes. The litigation handled by the Indian Resources Section is of vital interest to Indian tribes and often addresses issues of first impression.
For more information about the Environment & Natural Resources Division, visit the Justice Department's web site at: http://www.usdoj.gov/enrd.
- Occasional Travel
- Periodic regional travel is required to attend court and other litigation related matters.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- You must undergo a background investigation.
- Selective Service Registration is required, as applicable.
- You may be subject to undergo a urinalysis for a drug test.
- Resume and supporting documents (See the How to Apply Section).