We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. Salary range listed includes locality pay of 24.22% for the Washington, DC metro area.
2. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: https://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm
3. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), you are no longer required to provide narrative responses to the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) in the text boxes. However, in lieu of providing a KSA narrative response, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability.
Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a human resource specialist as appropriate.
4. Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor(s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
5. This vacancy is also being avertised under announcement No. AWA-14-0128RB-35805 for Current or Former Federal Employees and EVHO.
Please review both to determine to which announcement you should apply.
This is a bargaining unit position.Links to Important Information: Locality Pay