About the Agency
The position serves as a Senior Enforcement Specialist in the Office of Special Measures (OSM), Enforcement Division of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FINCEN). The incumbent is a highly seasoned specialist and is assigned a wide range of especially complex enforcement cases. The incumbent may also review or oversee the work products of less senior specialists.
The Specialist duties are:
- Assigned complex enforcement cases, moving cases through the case life cycle to produce a range of enforcement documents.
- Collects and analyzes operational and strategic intelligence from wide-ranging sources including Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies, military departments, foreign governments, and financial institutions.
- Utilizes technical expertise to produce sophisticated analyses.
- Ensures that FinCEN enforcement actions and supporting memoranda are clear, consistent, concise, and accurate.
- Participates in planning the requirements for managing complex investigations.
- Uses as guidance: Bank Secrecy Act legislation, judicial rulings, and broad policy statements which are often ambiguous, requires significant interpretation and considerable judgment to interpret the intent of new or revised guidance.
- Develops enforcement recommendations
- Assists Enforcement staff member in implementing intelligence-driven targeting, developing and implementing investigative plans, applying facts to law, assessing the strength of evidence, using and implementing appropriate use of enforcement summons authority, and determining appropriate use of FinCEN authorities.
- Participates in conferences, meetings, on-site visits, and inter-agency and intra-agency work groups