About the Agency
This position is located in the Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Management and Administration Team.
You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures as a status candidate if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Career or career-conditional employees in the excepted service that is under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).
- Veterans who have Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibility. (You are eligible for this appointing authority if you are a veteran who substantially completed 3 or more years of active service AND you have been separated under honorable conditions OR a preference eligible as defined in title 5 U.S.C. 2108 (3)). Additional information on VEOA eligibility and veterans' preference eligibility is available in the Vet Guide that can be found at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp
- Individuals with disabilities - For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
- Returning Peace Corp Volunteer, etc. (with appropriate documentation)
Applications for this position are being processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs applicants. Even if you have already developed a resume in USAJOBS, you will need to access this on-line system to complete the application process. To obtain information about this position and TO APPLY, please click on https://www.avuecentral.com/casting/aiportal/control/toVacancy?referenceCode=JTPIF
(The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position)
Plans, schedules, and conducts projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program or project operations.
Analyzes current and/or required accounting procedures to design new or revise/improve processes. Validates current processes with respect to regulatory requirements.
Validates a variety of accounting data that is entered into schedules and accounts. Analyzes and reconciles accounts and prepares balance sheets. Makes adjustments as required. Analyzes cost accounting reports, status of fund reports, and other financial reports for the preparation of summary statements and reports and proposes solutions and alternatives to problem areas.
Develops procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems in line or operating programs. Develops procedures and systems for evaluating, accomplishing, and monitoring audits, inspections, or management/internal control reviews.
Coordinates information for the formulation, revision, and execution of annual organizational budget projections. Analyzes problems as they relate to fiscal management and program operations of the organization. Reviews work metrics, unit costs, rate structure, job validity, and production indices in support of fiscal and managerial policies and procedures.
Analyzes management techniques, processes, and styles for improving organizational effectiveness. Recommends management approaches and work functions needing development and modification.