TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, the unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA. Position will be filled subject to availability of funds.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S Citizens
This position is being posted under Office of Personnel Management Direct Hire Authority authorized by 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 3304 and 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 337, Subpart B. Category Rating, Veteran's Preference, and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process. For more information of Office of Personnel Management Direct-Hire Authority, please click here Direct-Hire Authorities.
This position is located in Office of Information Systems, Sterling, VA.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
· Provides operational and technical advice in matters relating to information security
· Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures and tools
· Identifies conflicts or deviations from acceptable and/or current practices
· Researches and analyzes simple administrative program related IT issues or problems
· Determines pertinent issues and collects relevant information from a variety of sources
· Participates in defining information technology security requirements, implementing and supporting IT security applications
· Participates in identifying and writing specifications to meet IT security requirements