Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position:
99th Regional Support Command, Area Maintenance Support Activity 106, New Windsor, New York.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Duties of this position include:
- Troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and repairing heavy mobile equipment
- Interpret manuals and diagrams to determine the best repair methods
- Conduct various operational tests
- Perform final inspections
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%