About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
The Media Analysis Specialist (MDSP) provides subject matter expertise in media analysis. Primary duties include the following:
- Ensure the setup of media monitoring equipment;
- Identify equipment needs to the External Affairs Resource Support Manager;
- Research disaster-related media sources;
- Identify relevant media markets and specific media resources;
- Set up Internet alerts via Really Simple Syndication feeds, Google key-word alerts, and social media outlets;
- Monitor news media to ensure all relevant information is gathered;
- Produce the daily media analysis report; and
- Archive media analysis report materials.