About the Agency
This position is located at the National Centers for Environmental Prediction Space Weather Prediction Center in Boulder, Colorado. This full-performance level position is responsible for a wide range of computer programming, analysis, network, and/or equipment assignments.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-NCEP-2014-0028 (MAP), which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
*A one year probationary period may be required.
*This position is notin the bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Information Technology Specialist (Network), GS-2210-12 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band, requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement.)
The individual selected for this position will:
- Develop and maintain network plans, policies, and processes.
- Modify systems for solving problems and accomplishing work processes by installing, configuring, and maintaining networking equipment.
- Provide quality information to management for consistently applied best value decision-making using limited information technology resources to achieve priority mission goals and objectives.
- Design and develop systems for solving problems and accomplishing work processes by installing, configuring, and maintaining networking equipment.
- Manage network systems equipment (i.e. network routers, switches, firewalls).
- Work with Windows Server LAN/WAN/system administration.
- Provide technical IT network expertise to meet changing needs of an IT organization.