About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
The Digital Communications Specialist (DCSP) provides subject matter expertise in digital communications. Primary duties include the following:
- Conducts online market research;
- Monitors influential social media users in the affected communities;
- Identifies influential social media users and websites in the affected communities and build a database of identified users;
- Establishes contact with online counterparts;
- Participates in Headquarters social media conference call;
- Identifies opportunities for shared messaging and content;
- Conducts online monitoring;
- Refers hot issues to the appropriate External EA functional element;
- Responds with approved language to external social media postings;
- Keeps a log of all social media responses and hot issues;
- Coordinates with Strategy & Messaging to establish priorities for social media content and dissemination;
- Ensures content development meets Headquarters requirements;
- Formats messaging for publishing on FEMA digital channels;
- Ensures that web products are 508 compliant before posting; and
- Updates the Joint Field Office website.