About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
This position starts at a salary of $78,361.00 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 2 team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will act as a liaison between the FEMA Region 2 Office, and the FEMA National Office in the ongoing program evaluation activities.
Typical assignments include:
- Maintains and provides quantitative data in support of recommendations and developing guidelines on various facets of regional mitigation program.
- Incumbent will exchange ideas and remain current on best practices being implemented nationally for Risk MAP, NFIP, and HMA.
- Conducts evaluations of project operations,procedures, and organizational structures,identifying problems or deficiencies and recommending ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations for mitigation programs.
- Evaluates and monitors regional Risk MAP activities to ensure conformance with available guidelines.
- Tracks and predicts stakeholder confidence related to Risk MAP, NFIP, and Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) program(s)implementation within the Region.
- Implements regional programs and effective business strategies to increase participation among federal agenciesand other public and private organizations in loss reduction activities.
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required