Grade 14: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 13 level or above, in the Federal service. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is experience equivalent to grade 13 as a Commissioned Examiner or as a technical authority involved in analysis of any of the following areas: cash flow statements, income statements, balance sheet, capital position, and capital markets activities, as well as identifying, measuring, monitoring, and controlling risks such as credit, trading, liquidity, and interest rate risks.
Grade 15: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 14 level or above, in the Federal service. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is experience equivalent to grade 14 as a Commissioned Examiner or as a technical authority involved in analysis of at least two of the following areas: cash flow statements, income statements, balance sheet, capital position, and capital markets activities (including derivatives or securitizations), as well as identifying, measuring, monitoring, and controlling risks such as credit, trading, liquidity, and interest rate risks.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Knowledge of financial institution analysis, risk management, audit, examination and supervision methods, techniques, and procedures applicable to large and complex financial institutions.
- Knowledge of economics, finance, statistics, economic modeling and quantitative financial analysis to evaluate data for financial performance of financial institutions and the financial system as a whole.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive analyses of large and complex financial institutions to identify emerging problems/trends and to develop reports for senior executives that present sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze, develop, recommend and implement guidelines, processes, or procedures related to emerging complex financial institution issues; devise new analytical approaches; and provide expert advice in support of comprehensive legislative or policy initiatives that may have industry-wide ramifications.
- Ability to communicate in writing to develop presentations, guidelines, or procedures related to emerging complex financial institution issues.
- Ability to communicate orally to deliver oral presentations and present complex financial, market risk and capital markets issues to a variety of audiences both within and outside the Corporation.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs. To preview questions please click here.