Department: Department of the Army
Agency: Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Hartford, CT View Map
Veteran's Preference does not apply to the National Guard Excepted Service (32) USC 709(g).
The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing and correction of financial transactions and issues/problems involving the full range of financial services. Incumbent uses complete understanding of inter-related systems and processes across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all disbursements, collections, and adjustments related to financial records.
This position is for a National Guard Non-Dual Status (NDS) technician only. This position meets the criteria of the NDS Management Plan as follows: The position resides within the infrastructure and support functions of the state National Guard; the incumbent is not subject to mobilization nor is the work described part of the military mission and the incumbent does not perform a key advisory or essential administrative role that is inherently military. In addition, the position must meet one of the following: it does not have a comparable military function; or the position is required in the full-time (civilian) role when the organization, or similar military position is mobilized to perform continuing post-mobilization functions; or the position requires a skill or competency that necessitates a technical expertise or professional qualification that cannot be readily found in the military structure of the state military force.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel required for travel and training.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Veterans Preference does not apply to the National Guard Technician Program
- Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer is Mandatory
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Duty Hours: M-F 8AM - 4:30PM
- Compensatory time will be used in lieu of overtime
- A background investigation is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance