Veteran's Preference does not apply to the National Guard Excepted Service (32) USC 709(g).
The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing and correction of financial transactions and issues/problems involving the full range of financial services. Incumbent uses complete understanding of inter-related systems and processes across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all disbursements, collections, and adjustments related to financial records.
This position is for a National Guard Non-Dual Status (NDS) technician only. This position meets the criteria of the NDS Management Plan as follows: The position resides within the infrastructure and support functions of the state National Guard; the incumbent is not subject to mobilization nor is the work described part of the military mission and the incumbent does not perform a key advisory or essential administrative role that is inherently military. In addition, the position must meet one of the following: it does not have a comparable military function; or the position is required in the full-time (civilian) role when the organization, or similar military position is mobilized to perform continuing post-mobilization functions; or the position requires a skill or competency that necessitates a technical expertise or professional qualification that cannot be readily found in the military structure of the state military force.
As a Financial Services Technician, you will perform the following:
· Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of inter-related accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable, and various travel entitlements, using multiple procedures, processes and techniques to evaluate alternatives and arrive at decisions, conclusions and recommendations.
· Researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, policies, procedures and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex financial issues/problems.
· Analyzes and resolves tax processing problems based on soldier inquiries or internal control audits/reviews, ranging from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) issues and combat tax exclusion pay to refunds of erroneous tax collections.
· Determines appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting from multiple military and civilian pay statuses.
· Determines appropriate payments to vendors by applying Prompt Payment Act, tax law, contract law, account code structure, invoice processes, and Grants and Cooperative Agreement regulations and guidelines.