Job Title:Supervisory Contract Specialist, GS-1102-13
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Indian Health Service
Hiring Organization:Phoenix Indian Medical Center
Job Announcement Number:IHS-14-PI-1037841-ESEP/MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$84,524.00 to $109,881.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, June 16, 2014 to Friday, June 27, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Phoenix, AZ View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|ESEP, MP, Veterans Preference incl. VEOA, Schedule A|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One permanent full-time Supervisory Contract Specialist position in the Engineering Department located at the Phoenix Indian Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona. Incumbent is responsible for all the acquisition of needed supplies, services, and medical equipment for PIMC. As Chief of Acquisition, will supervise a staff of four contract specialists and two purchasing agents.
Who May Apply:
- Merit Promotion Plan (MPP) - Current and former career or status employees.
- Excepted Service Examining Plan - Indian Preference or Schedule A applicants.
- Veterans Preference - Includes Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) applicants.
- No government housing available
- Position covered by PL 101-630, Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
- Non-bargaining unit position
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required