The role of this position is to independently provide well-established professional nurse outpatient, inpatient, and emergency care procedures to patients assigned in an outpatient or inpatient unit.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting Medical Officer in outpatient and emergency care.
- Preparing patients for surgical and/or diagnostic procedures.
- Taking medical history.
- Coordinating the treatment of acutely ill or injured patients.
- Giving intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular injections.
- Observing and assessing patient's clinical condition.
- Evaluating and instructing patients.
- Keeping logs, boards, records and charts current.
- Training health services technicians on ward procedures and practices.