Job Title: Student Trainee (Human Resources Assistant)Job Announcement Number: CIV-14-DEU-47
Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: Offices, Boards and Divisions
Hiring Organization: Civil Division
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, June 13, 2014 to
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Part Time -
Excepted Service Temporary NTE 1 year
2 vacancies in the following location:
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Public Trust - Background Investigation
About the Agency
The Civil Division, Department of Justice is seeking interested, enthusiastic college students for immediate part-time or full-time positions with the Personnel Management Branch. You will perform a variety of technical/clerical responsibilities in direct support of the Division's Personnel Management Branch.
This is an excepted service appointment under the Pathways Internship Program. This appointment may be extended until the selectee's educational requirements have been completed. To be eligible under the Pathways program, you must have at least a 2.5 GPA and maintain the GPA during the internship.
This is NOT a summer position. Those selected will be expected to work year-round on a flexible schedule which will accommodate class schedules during the school session. The ideal candidates will serve a minimum 1 year appointment.
*PLEASE NOTE ANY REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED, WILL DEEM YOU INELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION*
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- You must complete a background investigation and drug testing.
- Selective Service Registration is required, as applicable.
- Appointee must sign a Pathways Intern Agreement.
- Must have a GPA of at least a 2.5 or higher.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying school.
- You must be in good academic standing.
DUTIES:Back to top
· Maintains alphabetical, chronological, and numerical subject matter and correspondence files and records covering the work of the office.
· Provides general administrative support to other staff members, such as the Benefits Specialists, particularly in the execution of major time critical projects.
· Assists the Security Specialist with the processing of security forms for prospective employees through, fingerprinting, running credit reports, sending security packages to new employees, and preparing new hire orientation folders or retirement packets.
· Receiving incoming telephone calls and visitors, typing in Microsoft Word, maintain data using Excel, and scanning documents into eOPF.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must meet the definition of a student - be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited technical, or vocational school, two-year or four-year college or university, graduate or professional school. Individuals who are enrolled must be taking at least a half-time academic course load (usually 6 credits) leading to a degree or certificate.
To qualify for this position at the GS-4 grade level, you must have completed two full academic years of post high-school study (60 credits) or have received an Associate's Degree at an accredited college or university or have gained 1 year of progressively responsible clerical or office work.
Copies of unofficial transcripts/proof of enrollment must be provided at the time of application to support your educational claims. If selected, official transcripts must be submitted prior to establishing a start date.
All academic degrees and coursework must be completed at a college or university that has obtained accreditation or pre-accreditation status from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see www.ed.gov.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. educational program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.