In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this INFORMATION RESOURCES SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training in any position that required compiling reports, letters, memoranda, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information. Applicants must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled. Applicants must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures and practices of management. Experience developing administrative procedures.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of Enterprise Information Management (EIM), Information Resource Management (IRM) concepts, Electronic Resource Management (ERM) and Content Life Cycle Management Program methods to plan, manage, protect and control information resources and supporting information technologies.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of policies, regulations, manuals and precedents such as DOD, AF, NGB, and technical specifications for Automated Information Systems (AIS), web services and information technology applicable to the implementation and management of the IRM programs.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the mission, objectives, terminology, and management practices in the activity, the agency, and the department to recognize probable areas of interaction and overlap between proposed and existing systems.
4. Knowledge of the principles of information assurance, network security and techniques to ensure serviceability, safe operation, proper configuration, accountability and sustainability of systems as they pertain to the work of the position.
5. Expert knowledge of information resource management systems and electronic publication methodologies to manage the IRM program.
6. Knowledge of training program development and implementation to include lesson plan and subject matter delivery.
7. In-depth knowledge in Web page design principles and methods, graphics markup and other web programming languages, browser technical requirements, Internet security principles, accessibility factors and standards, file formats used in the delivery of web content and web page formatting standards sufficient to provide guidance in the management of all Wing/Base created web sites and the content there in.
8. In-depth knowledgeof telecommunications, computer, and information transmission systems, and software such as spreadsheet, word processing, database, presentation/graphics, and electronic mail. Knowledge of their role in DoD's execution of Information Assurance plans.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
3D0X1, 3D0X2, 3D0X3, 3D1X1, 3D1X2, 3D1X3
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.