About the Agency
You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures as a status candidate if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Career or career-conditional employees in the excepted service that is under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).
- Veterans who have Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibility. (You are eligible for this appointing authority if you are a veteran who substantially completed 3 or more years of active service AND you have been separated under honorable conditions OR a preference eligible as defined in title 5 U.S.C. 2108 (3)). Additional information on VEOA eligibility and veterans' preference eligibility is available in the Vet Guide that can be found at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp
- Individuals with disabilities - For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
- Returning Peace Corp Volunteer, etc. (with appropriate documentation)
Applications for this position are being processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs applicants. Even if you have already developed a resume in USAJOBS, you will need to access this on-line system to complete the application process. To obtain information about this position and TO APPLY, please click on https://www.avuecentral.com/casting/aiportal/control/toVacancy?referenceCode=WKOUD.
(The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position)
Performs or assists in the systematic examination and appraisal of the economy, efficiency, and security of information technology operations, and the level of effectiveness, legal and regulatory compliance, and adequacy of operational reporting, for a department or agency. Examines matters such as information technology procurement practices, systems development, and risk controls.
Researches and/or analyzes information technology (IT) problems, issues, or program requirements relative to promoting products and services to agency mission area programs.