About the Agency
Office: Miami Field Office
Location: Miami, FL
Working Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
GS 8: $45,909.00 - $59,682.00
GS 9: $50,706.00 - $65,915.00
* Serves as Secretary to the Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) in the Field Office.
* Manages the ASAC's office, to include ASAC's calendar of appointments for conferences/meetings. Arranges travel plans for the ASAC, along with screening all calls and visitors. Answers most questions for routing matters without referring to the ASAC.
* Receives and screens all correspondence requiring ASAC's signature, for clarity and completeness of reply, factual consistency, as well as, grammatical and procedural correctness, in accompaniment with replying to correspondence not requiring the ASAC's attention.
* Utilizes office automation software such as word processing, database management, electronic spreadsheet and other applications. Prepares agendas, develops background information, and attends and records the minutes of meetings.
GS 9: In addition to the GS 8 duties, the GS 9 duties include the following:
* Serves as the Personal Assistant and Office Manager to the ASAC of the Field Office, and in the absence of ASAC, is personally responsible for continuity of the office operations.
* Develops material for ASAC's use in public-speaking engagements. After ascertaining the subject matter, develops background information and prepares an outline for speech, submitting same to the ASAC for final writing.
* Recommends and implements changes in clerical and administrative policies and procedures of the office, along with providing accurate and timely advice pertaining to ASAC's instructions.