Are you ready to contribute to matters of national importance that promote a competitive and productive American economy? The Antitrust Division has an opening for a Litigation Support Specialist to join our dedicated team and gain invaluable experience working in the public interest to protect the competitive process.
The Divisions work ranges over the entire spectrum of the U.S. economy. Its merger and civil enforcement cases can affect the structure and performance of an entire industry, and its criminal enforcement detects and punishes white-collar antitrust crimes that rob American consumers.
This position is located in the Litigation Support Staff (LSS) of the Information Systems Support Group of the Executive Office of the Antitrust Division. The Litigation Support Group works with Division trial teams in various offices and sections in Washington, D.C., consolidated field offices across the nation, and temporary remote trial sites, to determine visual strategy, and develop and implement litigation support plans that assist Division attorneys in effectively and efficiently managing their cases from inception to resolution which includes effective presentation of evidence and proper utilization of software and courtroom equipment. LSS also assists in the negotiation of electronic discovery, and in the analysis and reporting of such data.
The Incumbent serves as Litigation Support Specialist on the Litigation Support Staff (LSS), and as such:
- Serves as a senior Case Manager for litigation support activities associated with one or more complex cases and/or projects; reviews or provides for the management of each project's budget on a regular basis.
- Analyzes the information and data analysis requirements of staff attorneys and economists in order to develop and recommend an appropriate ALS methodology and strategy to meet case support needs.
- Assists Division attorneys and economists with technical automated data processing (ADP) information related to the subject matter of their cases and investigations.
- Develops or reviews procedures and computer collection and validation specifications to ensure indexing consistency and accuracy.
- Directs and manages a field discovery team; plans and schedules support for discovery operations.
- Reviews and/or directs the design and development of computer application programs, procedures, and documentation that may be required for data collection systems; ensures security access, maintenance, and operation of data collection systems.
- Provides expert technical advice, training, and support to trial staffs in such areas as the preparation of appropriate indices, related research tools, and the screening, indexing, coding, and control of documents.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art information processing technology and methodology, and makes recommendations for the application of these advances to the improvement of Division litigation support tools and systems.
- Conducts feasibility studies; provides detailed technical evaluation of any new technologies; prepares periodic status reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.