About the Agency
Your Career Forecast is Sunny and Bright with the National Weather Service. The National Weather Service (NWS), the world's preeminent weather and atmospheric sciences organization, offers you an opportunity to help protect American lives and property. Since 1870, the NWS has served the public by providing forecasts and hazardous weather warnings while studying the most dynamic forces of nature. Contribute your talents to this tradition. The National Weather Service...Working together to save lives.
This position is located in the International Activities Office, National Weather Service (NWS).
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-CR-2014-0065 which is open status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
*NOTE: This vacancy may be used to fill other GS-0343-14 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Direct and develop plans for project teams or other groups in accomplishing/producing projects/studies.
- Analyze and evaluate on a quantitative/qualitative basis the effectiveness of line program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and advise on organization, methods, and procedures.
- Analyze management information requirements.
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate new or modified program/management policies, regulations, goals, or objectives.
- Develop procedures and systems for assessing the effectiveness of programs/management processes.