What are the eligibility requirements?
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Internship Program:
You must be a student accepted for enrollment in a degree or certificate program on a full- or half-time basis as defined by the institution (certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level technical, trade, vocational or business school curriculum); and
Enrollment is with a qualifying educational institution such as high school or state-approved home school; accredited technical or vocational school; a 2 or 4 year college or university; a graduate or professional school (i.e., law or medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum; and
You must be in good academic standing according to your institution, with a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 or higher.
You must continue to meet these eligibility requirements throughout the duration of your Pathways Internship Program appointment.
Verification of Enrollment: Your application must include transcripts and a letter from your educational institution that confirms the following: the degree/diploma program in which you are enrolled; that you are enrolled at least on a half-time basis; and your anticipated graduation date. If your transcripts address everything requested in the letter from your institution, that will suffice. If you have been accepted for enrollment but have not yet taken any courses, a copy of your acceptance letter must be provided.
Transcripts do not need to be official but if you are selected for this position you will then need to provide official transcripts before your enter on duty.
To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as well as any selective factors or screen-out elements as described in the occupational questionnaire and as outlined below. All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Monday, July 07, 2014. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
Applicants must be physically fit and, as required in Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Handbook X-118C, must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the elements listed in Section 25 of the Online Occupational Questionnaire to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. A specific length of time and experience is not required; however you must be able to demonstrate the rough experience shown in your written application, that you possess sufficient knowledge, skill and ability to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision. Examples of experience for this position include: Experience in performing work from heights, heavy labor, minor building maintenance, operating light trucks and basic janitorial services. Applicants must possess experience in all of these duties to be eligible. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
1. You may be required to serve a trial period.
2. Appointment is subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
3. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
4. Applicants must possess a valid state driver's license. This position requires that you operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. A valid State driver's license is required. As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit a completed GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. If you are tentatively selected for employment in this position, you will be required to complete GSA Form 3607 and submit the above State issued documents. Your employment, after your tentative selection, will be contingent upon receipt of these documents in a timely manner and that those documents establish, to the satisfaction of the selecting official, that you possess a valid driver's license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for the job. Qualified students will be referred to the selecting official in unranked order by veteran preference: (1) preference eligibles having a compensable, service connected disability of 10 percent or more; (2) all other candidates eligible for 10-point veteran preference; (3) candidates eligible for 5-point veteran preference; and (4) candidates not eligible for veteran preference.
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than
normal supervision (screen-out).
- Ability to handle weights and loads.
- Work practices.
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc.
- Dexterity and safety.
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
Please Note: If it is determined that your resume/application materials do not support your answer to the occupational questionnaire, you will not be found not qualified for this position.
Veterans must submit the required documentation to verify/confirm eligibility for preference (see How to Apply section), otherwise, no veteran's preference will be granted. Additional veteran's information is found at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp