Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician Program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This Position is Located at: 81st Regional Support Command, Area Maintenance Support Activity 161, Operational Maintenance Support, Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico.
About the Surrounding Area: Ft. Buchanan is located at the heart of the San Juan metropolitan area. It has a population over 100,000 consisting of military and civilian personnel, veterans, retirees and family members. It is an ever-growing joint community that includes Active and Reserve components as well as other DoD and Federal organizations.
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed primarily in a maintenance shop setting.
Who May Apply:
The Duties of this Position Include:
· Receiving work requests and scheduling work in the maintenance shop
· Preparing the shop production control schedule
· Monitoring work progress and notifying units regarding production delays and estimated completion times
· Requisitioning, receiving, issuing and maintaining accountability of supplies
· Conducting inventories and assisting in updating property book records
· Inspecting incoming shipments, comparing items received against receipt documents, and reporting any discrepancies
· Preparing and maintaining administrative reports
· Conducting training regarding maintenance and supply procedures
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%.