Job Title: Materials Hander (MVO/FLO)Job Announcement Number: NCDE140863921140539D
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Reserve Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 to
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position:
This position is with the 99th Regional Support Command, Equipment Concentration Site 27, located in Joint-Base, McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst, New Jersey.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position may offer a $3,000 recruitment bonus (see Other Requirements
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation
- This position requires pre-employment and annual medical exams
- This position is subject to drug testing
- This position requires a CDL within 90 days of employment
DUTIES:Back to top
Duties of this position include:
- Verifying shipments
- Unloading incoming shipments
- Keying receipt information into automated record systems
- Transporting materials to storage areas
- Conducting inventories
- Maintaining records and documents
- Operating motor vehicles, forklifts and automated material handling equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the screen-out element described below.
Ability to do the work of a Materials Handler without more than normal supervision. Applicants must meet the screen out element to be considered further. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: working within a shop environment and assisting with the accomplishment of tasks, such as unloading incoming shipments, moving materials or conducting inventories. I generally work under supervision, but am capable of accomplishing deadlines and priorities made by higher levels of supervision.
Physical Effort Required:
Performs work on hard surfaces and in work areas that require the worker to stand, stoop, bend and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. You may be required to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time. Moderate physical effort is used in operating hand and foot controls when driving, turning, stopping and starting the forklifts and motor vehicles and raising, lowering and tilting the fork lift loads.
Works inside in areas that are hot, cold, drafty or poorly lighted and ventilated. May work in adverse weather in such outside areas as open docks and storage yards subject to exposure to dust, dirt and weather from cold to hot temperatures. Cuts, bruises and broken bones may result from shifting loads, toppling stacks, falling objects or accidents with other moving equipment.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
SKILL IN WORK PRACTICES
KNOWLEDGE OF TECHNICAL PRACTICES
KNOWLEDGE OF MATERIALS
ABILITY TO INTERPRET INSTRUCTIONS
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) will not be authorized.
This position offers a $3000 recruitment bonus to individuals who are newly appointed as civilians in the Federal Government. You are considered newly appointed if this is your first appointment as a civilian employee in the Federal Government or if you have a minimum of a 90-day break in service from a previous Federal civilian position. You may qualify with a break in service of less than 90 days only if your previous Federal civilian appointment was a time-limited or not permanent appointment. Your recruitment bonus will be made in two payments. You receive the first payment when you enter on duty, and you receive the second payment on your first anniversary. To accept this recruitment bonus, you are required to make a two year service obligation to the Army Reserve Military Technician Program.
New Army Reserve Military Technicians may be authorized moving expenses to their first official duty station. To be eligible to receive moving expenses, you must be a newly appointed Federal civilian employee or have a minimum of a 3 day break in service from previous Federal civilian employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.