Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position:
This position is with the 99th Regional Support Command, Equipment Concentration Site 27, located in Joint-Base, McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst, New Jersey.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Duties of this position include:
- Verifying shipments
- Unloading incoming shipments
- Keying receipt information into automated record systems
- Transporting materials to storage areas
- Conducting inventories
- Maintaining records and documents
- Operating motor vehicles, forklifts and automated material handling equipment.
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%