Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
US Army Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC), Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD) - We are dedicated to providing the U.S. Army effective intelligence and information warfare tools, guaranteeing our warfighters the technological edge in any future operation. We identify, develop, educate, tailor and insert emerging information technologies, which are transitioned into selected operational systems. Thus, guaranteeing America's Warfighter the superior integrated systems they need to enable and ensure Information Dominance.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participants.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program.
The Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Department of Army intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully complete at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Managements qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/graduates/.
Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program Eligibles
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (or will complete no later than July 2014,) a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
- Any individual who completed his or her educational requirements between December 27, 2010 and July 10, 2012 will have 2 years from July 10, 2012 to be eligible to apply to the Recent Graduates Program.
As an Intern Interdisciplinary Engineer for US Army Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC), Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD), you will apply a good understanding of electronic engineering/computer scientist principles, practices and techniques from both a theoretical and a practical standpoint. You will assist with the completion of projects in the areas of research, design, development and testing. You will aid in the preparation of reports and procurement data for development and production contracts. You will determine requirements for special test equipment, investigate problem areas and report them to supervisors for recommendations and solutions. You will assist with the review of technical data, manuals, standards and precedents to gain a knowledge of the equipment, techniques and/or issues.