Job Title:Student Trainee (Park Guide)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:National Park Service
Hiring Organization:Oklahoma City National Memorial
Job Announcement Number:IMSF-14-225 1136768 ml
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$28,269.00 to $28,269.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, June 10, 2014 to Tuesday, June 17, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules - Internships NTE one year|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Oklahoma City, OK View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student/Pathways Internship Program Eligibles|
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service. Become a part of our mission to unite our past, our cultures and our special places, to establish important connections to the present and build a rich and lasting legacy for future generations. For more information about the National Park Service, click National Park Service.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Qualified students, who are eligible for the Pathways Internship Program who live or go to school within the local commuting area (50 miles radius) of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma AND veteran preference eligibles with student status regardless of the local commuting area.
This is an excepted service appointment under the Pathway's Internship Program. This appointment is not to exceed one year and may be shortened or extended based on continued need/funds and the student's continued eligibility in the Pathways Internship Program. Interns are eligible for consideration for conversion to a permanent or term appointment without further competition upon satisfactory completion of the program requirements. Conversion is not guaranteed and there is no expectation of making this position permanent or term.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Internship Program:
- You must be a student accepted for enrollment or enrolled in a degree or certificate program on a full- or half-time basis as defined by the institution (certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum); and
- Enrollment is with a qualifying educational institution such as a high school or state-approved home school; or accredited technical or vocational school; a 2 or 4 year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum; and
- Students must be in good academic standing according to their institution, with a GPA of at least 2.0.
You must continue to meet these eligibility requirements throughout the duration of your appointment under the Pathways Internship Program.
POSITION INFORMATION: This position is established to provide a meaningful employment opportunity in the Park Guide occupation. The employment opportunity may involve: specific administrative task/work assignments and a variety of activities and assignments and working with technical, administrative and professional staff in support of office programs and activities to gain practical work experience. The work involves giving talks, interpreting natural and historic features, answering questions, guiding tours, and providing miscellaneous services to visitors.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 possibly 2 days per month.
- U.S. Citizenship Required and be at least 16 years of age.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- You must meet at least half-time student enrollment requirements.
- You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student
- Provide copy of transcripts, current enrollment & projected graduation date
- You must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0