National Park Service - Experience Your America
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens and Nationals
Morristown National Historical Park is comprised of approximately 1700 acres in Morris and Somerset counties in north central New Jersey, about 30 miles west of New York City. Morristown was the quarters of the Continental Army during the winters of 1777 and 1778-1779. The park includes the Ford Mansion, Washington Headquarters, and Fort Nonsense in Morristown; Jockey Hollow, the largest unit, five miles south of Morristown; and the New Jersey Brigade area about 10 miles south of Morristown. Annual visitation is about 350,000. Train and bus service to New York City is available in Morristown. More info at www.nps.gov/morr Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid if the person selected for the position is from outside the local commuting area and is otherwise eligible for reimbursement of relocation expenses under the Federal Travel Regulations.
Incumbent subject to furlough (Career-Seasonal), expect two pay periods of non-pay.
Government housing may be available.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
This position is located in the Maintenance Division, Morristown National Historical Park, Morristown, New Jersey. The incumbent is under the supervision of the Maintenance Mechanic Foreman, WS-4709-09. Work is performed in all units of the site.
The incumbent in this position will:
- Perform work in a variety of trades performing such duties as replacing switches/outlets, changing washers, replacing molding and putting up drywall
- Drive vehicles including pick-up trucks and vans to various sites within the park
- Perform road and grounds maintenance
- Operate power equipment such as snow and leaf blowers, tillers, walk-behind mowers and tillers.
- Perform general park clean up and janitorial duties
- Unload delivery trucks