Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to
experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to
become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program.
This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve
benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves
and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position:
This position is located at: 200th Military Police Command, 333rd Military Police Brigade, Farmingdale, NY.
About the surrounding area: The Incorporated Village of Farmingdale is an incorporated village on Long Island within the Town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, New York in the United States.
Description of the working environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Prepare requests for Personnel Actions
- Advise management on mission policy changes
- Uses automated systems to prepare a variety of correspondence
- Collect and research data for reports
- Responsible for material ordering, receipt, storage and inventory
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%.