Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at the Guthrie Army Health Center, Fort Drum, New York.
Ft Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North County, one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, offering bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Ft Drum borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains, and Vermont.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Administrative/Community-Occupational Health) you will:
- Conduct health education activities for active duty Soldiers and their commanders; military and civilian supervisors and their staff; health care workers; and other eligible populations.
- Provide health risk interventions through individual counseling and classes (i.e. tobacco cessation, stress management, hypertension management, cholesterol and weight control, etc.)
- Serve as health liaison between health and human resource agencies within Fort Drum community.
- Consult with Child & Youth Services regarding child health concerns.
- Assess individual's health status based on history and interview.