Job Title:Mobile Equipment Servicer (Materials Handler)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Reserve Command
Job Announcement Number:NCDE140934421139855D
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$12.52 to $14.62 / Per Hour|
|Wednesday, June 11, 2014 to Tuesday, June 24, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Juana Diaz, PR View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
About the Position:
This position is located at: 81st Regional Support Command, Equipment Concentration Site 126, Maintenance, Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico.
About the Surrounding Area: Juana Díaz is a municipality of Puerto Rico located in the southern coast of the island, south of Jayuya, Ciales, Orocovis and Villalba; east of Ponce; and west of Coamo and Santa Isabel and the Caribbean Sea to the south. Juana Díaz is spread over 12 wards and Juana Diaz Pueblo (The downtown area and the administrative center of the city). It is part of the Ponce Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed primarily in a maintenance shop setting.
Who May Apply:
- U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position may offer a $3,000 recruitment bonus (see Other Requirements)
- This position requires a Class A Commercial Driver's License within 90 days
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment Agreement
- This position requires a medical examination prior to employment