About the Agency
This position is located in the Division of Resolutions and Receiverships, Complex Financial Institutions Branch of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of compliance with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (DFA).
- Serves as advisor on all policy matters related to the business of the Division of Resolutions and Receiverships, its strategic plans, goals and objectives, and overall mission.
- Performs analytical reviews and analysis on existing and proposed policies, providing management with recommendations on the potential impact on business approaches and functions.
- Provides the Division with interpretations of existing and proposed policies, statutory and regulatory guidelines, and legislative proposals, pertaining to the FDIC, banking and thrift and financial services industry such as the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (DFA), The Federal Deposit Insurance Act (FDIC Act), Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA), and bankruptcy and corporate restructuring related matters.
- Participates and leads in the development of financial models and metrics in response to evolving issues and complex analytic challenges that support senior level decision-making.
- Performs technical and data analysis of existing and proposed statutes, regulations, and studies, including those related to the Dodd-Frank Act, the FDIC Act, SIPA, and Chapters 7 and 11 of the Title 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code.
- Assists in preparation of policy papers, directives, memoranda, and other documents stating Division policy or its position on sensitive issues.
- Occasional Travel
- This position requires occasional overnight travel.