Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Logistics
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Hines, IL View Map
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Pharmaceutical Branch of National Contract Service in Hines, IL.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible for this position, you must currently be an employee of the NAC and have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer eligibles: current VA National Acquisition (NAC) employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles who are currently employed by NAC.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA that are currently employed by NAC
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments) that are currently employed by NAC
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians that are currently employed by NAC
- Current NAC transfers that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- Occasional Travel
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be eligible under the Area of Consideration.
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply).
- You must be currently employed by the VA's National Acquisition Center.