Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
Attention to Detail
Problem Solving; -OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: Demonstrated experience using Struts, Hibernate, and Spring Java frameworks and jQuery to develop major information technology (IT) web-based systems; using Model View Controller (MVC) software architecture patterns; writing and troubleshooting advanced SQL queries, SQL stored procedures and user-defined SQL Server functions; experience coding and unit testing financial systems; and experience in software development lifecycles, including planning, developing, programming, testing and maintaining software products.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-criticall sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
- Highly Qualified Category Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire .
- Best Qualified Category Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the job related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
· Technical Competence: uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on the job experience to perform ones job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
· Project Management: Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
· Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
· Software Development: Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for designing, developing, and testing software in a given environment.. Customer Service: Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.