Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
These positions are located in the Primary Care Clinic at the Guthrie Army Health Center, Fort Drum, New York.
Guthrie Army Health Center, is located at Fort Drum, New York, near the city of Watertown. Watertown is located in the scenic 1,000 lakes region of upstate New York. Home to more than 110,000 residents, the city serves as the gateway to Lake Ontario. Boating, fishing, rafting, hiking, camping, picturesque scenery and quaint rural atmosphere abounds. Lake Ontario, the St Lawrence River, the Black River provide some of the best fishing, boating and sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving and whitewater rafting in the world. Winter brings unparalleled snowmobiling, skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating, and hunting. Museums and historic points of interest include the War of 1812 Battlefield in Sackets Harbor, Boldt Castle, Millionaire's Row, the Antique Boat Museum, the Clayton Opera House, and the Jefferson County Historical Society. http://www.drum.amedd.army.mil/
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Ambulatory), you will:
- Triage and screen walk-in patients to assess the severity of the patient's condition and the need for provider intervention.
- Make psychosocial assessment of patients to identify significant cultural practices, the ability to understand and cooperate, and expectations of care and coping mechanisms.
- Recognize and report abnormal test results, changes in symptoms and the need for follow-up care.
- Assist health care providers with examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and administer oral, subcutaneous, intra-muscular and intravenous medications.