Job Title: Facility Coordination SpecialistJob Announcement Number: DOE-NETL-14-MP-037
Department: Department Of Energy
Agency: Department of Energy
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 to
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
WHO MAY APPLY:
*Amended to add Albany, OR duty location and extend the closing date.
- Current Federal employee with competitive status
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles
- Veterans with VOW, VEOA or VRA eligibility
- Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or special appointing authority
Public Trust - Background Investigation
About the Agency
This position is located in the Site Operations Division, Facilities Management Branch.
The Branch administers and manages Property Management; Site Support Services Contracts and Interagency Agreements; Space Management and Utilization; Warehouse and Motor Vehicle Management; Strategic Facility Planning; General Plan Project Planning; Energy Management; Project Management and Value Engineering; and Financial Management. The incumbent is responsible for analyzing, coordinating, and planning requests for space; ensuring that all established procedures and policies are followed; and also provides final recommendations to the Facility Management Branch Chief to utilize in making space allocation decisions.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel between NETL sites and travel for training may be required.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Relocation is at your own expense.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Facility Coordination Specialist, you will:
- Analyze and coordinate all requests for space;
- Conduct space utilization evaluations;
- Assist in the development of long-range space requirements;
- Formulate action plans to address revolving space requirements, work processes, and operational practices;
- Maintain expertise in assigned orders or procedures;
- Modify office layout drawings utilizing computer aided design tools such as AutoCAD;
- Prepare space management presentations and periodic reports.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service or a master's or equivalent graduate degree OR two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.B. or J.D., if related. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work or a combination of experience and education. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in applying the established policies and procedures involved with space allocation and office relocations.
- Experience using space management software tools.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge of methods and techniques in large scale space allocation based on operational constraints such as available space, established policies, or work processes.
- Practical experience utilizing computer aided design tools such as AutoCAD to modify/alter existing space drawings and the development of space planning models.
- Ability to produce detailed reports, procedures and executive summaries based on limited input from management.
- Practical experience in performing office modifications using existing furniture and equipment and the ability to plan for future furniture/equipment needs.
- Skill in applying techniques in the development of a long range space plan for a major organization.
Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration.CTAP/ICTAP candidates:
To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are using education to qualify for this position, you must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Position is included in the bargaining unit.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted, so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish before the deadline. Our application system displays a countdown timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference.Steps to submit a complete application:
If your resume does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.Steps to modify or withdraw your application:
- You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed resume. (Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded resumes and require that you have a completed resume within your USAJOBS profile using the Resume Builder).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the 'Apply Now' button.
- You must respond to all applicant assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload additional supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to) transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and verification of veteran status.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process. You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received.
- Return to USAJOBS and log in.
- In the "My Account" screen, click "Application Status" in the left-hand column.
- You will see a table list of all the jobs you've applied to, click on the title of the application you want to modify.
- If the announcement is still open the button which normally says "Apply Now" will instead say "Edit Application", click that button. (If you want to withdraw your application from consideration after the closing date, contact the HR Specialist listed on the announcement.)
- You will be directed to the application where you can make changes or you can click "Withdraw Application" to delete your application.
- If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours.
- If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Resume Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.email@example.com.
- If you are experiencing a significant hardship which hinders your ability to apply online please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Resume supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- If specific educational requirements are indicated for this vacancy: Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and grade. Please see the Education section for more information.
- Current/former Federal employees: Most recent Standard Form (SF) 50. To properly verify status eligibility, your SF-50 must show: position title and type, occupational series, grade, and tenure. This is a blank sample SF-50 and should not be submitted with your application!
- Displaced Federal employees: ICTAP/CTAP documentation.
- Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency to receive Veterans Preference under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority. Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.