Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Operations (OO), Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT), Office of Information Management (OIM), Office of Technology and Delivery (OTD), Division of Delivery Management and Support (DDMS), Delivery Management Branch.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OIM-14-MP-1139253BB under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Defines the standard "data model" for the FDA integrated IT schedule for new development, operational releases, and significant changes to the IT infrastructure.
- Partners with Delivery Managers and IT project managers to collect all master schedules and master schedule updates from the Center/Directorates.
- Maintains resource-loaded, critical path, logic-linked integrated master schedule(s) for all IT programs and projects across the Center/Directorates.
- Provides schedule analysis, schedule risk analyses, and schedule assessment on the integrated master schedule(s).
- Recommends to Delivery Managers and Project Managers corrective action and escalates schedules variances that put programs and projects at unacceptable risk.
- Analyzes and evaluates work processes and policies, management practices and work operations whilst considering complex legislative, programmatic and management issues.