Job Title:Management Analyst, GS-0343-14
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Food and Drug Administration
Job Announcement Number:FDA-OIM-14-DE-1139252BB
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, June 13, 2014 to
Thursday, June 26, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Rockville, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Operations (OO), Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT), Office of Information Management (OIM), Office of Technology and Delivery (OTD), Division of Delivery Management and Support (DDMS), Delivery Management Branch.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OIM-14-MP-1139253BB under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- U.S Citizenship
- Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation
- May be required to serve a one-year probationary period
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
GS-14: At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent in complexity and responsibility at the GS-13 level in the Federal service, using Microsoft Project to document and maintain programs and project schedules; consulting on and developing project budgets and schedules to track and monitor project technical and financial progress and status; and conducting qualitative and/or quantitative analysis of project management processes and analysis (i.e. critical path analysis, Earned Valued Management, and trend analysis).
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial Disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Qualified candidates will be assigned to the following quality categories:
Best Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is almost identical to those required by the position.
Well Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is very similar to those required by the position.
Qualified - Applicants who meet minimum qualification requirements, but do not identify any additional qualifying experience or skill.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the required competencies listed below for this position.
- IT Program and Project Scheduling
- Analysis and Evaluation
- Program Planning
Application of Veterans' Preference: Under Category Rating procedures, veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions