About the Agency
The Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is looking for people who want to work to improve foreign market access for U.S. products. FAS operates programs designed to build new markets and improve the competitive position of U.S. agriculture in the global marketplace.
This is an excepted service, time-limited term appointment with an initial duration of no less than 13 months and can be extended up to a total of 5 years.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Alliance Builder Specialist will lead development strategies to build partnerships and agreements among private and public sectors as well as civil society to increase the capacity of young African leaders. The selectee will work in the USAID's Africa Bureau, Office of Sustainable Development, Youth and Education Division, to support YALI.
The specific duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying potential alliance partners and developing relationships that may lead to future alliances in key areas of priority to YALI and conducting due diligence research on proposed alliance partners.
- Working with USAID’s General Counsel and agreement/contracting officers to facilitate the formal agreement process.
- Coordinating with the Office of Education and Cultural Affairs,Department of State, and USAID missions to coordinate efforts and best practices on alliance building.
- Representing USAID in regional and international fora to promote public-private alliances around YALI.
- Assisting in training YALI staff in Washington, USAID staff in the field and partners on best practices for building and managing alliances.
- Providing training and information to USAID staff and partners on alliance building for YALI.
- Managing an alliance-building team of USAID staff who work together to share contacts, tips, approaches and alliance activities in order to mitigate challenges faced by staff.
- Creating and managing tools that recognize excellent alliance-building efforts at the mission, region and bureau levels.
- Occasional Travel
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required