Job Title:PROG SPECLST (YALI Alliance Builder Specialist)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Foreign Agricultural Service
Job Announcement Number:FAS-14-0006
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, June 13, 2014 to
Thursday, July 03, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy -
Washington DC, DC View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens, no prior Federal experience is required.
About the Agency
This is an excepted service, time-limited term appointment with an initial duration of no less than 13 months and can be extended up to a total of 5 years.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Alliance Builder Specialist will lead development strategies to build partnerships and agreements among private and public sectors as well as civil society to increase the capacity of young African leaders. The selectee will work in the USAID's Africa Bureau, Office of Sustainable Development, Youth and Education Division, to support YALI.
- Occasional Travel
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required
- US Citizenship is required.
- Secret security clearance required as a condition of employment
- Excepted Service, Schedule B Term Appointment for up to 5 years
DUTIES:Back to top
The specific duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying potential alliance partners and developing relationships that may lead to future alliances in key areas of priority to YALI and conducting due diligence research on proposed alliance partners.
- Working with USAID’s General Counsel and agreement/contracting officers to facilitate the formal agreement process.
- Coordinating with the Office of Education and Cultural Affairs,Department of State, and USAID missions to coordinate efforts and best practices on alliance building.
- Representing USAID in regional and international fora to promote public-private alliances around YALI.
- Assisting in training YALI staff in Washington, USAID staff in the field and partners on best practices for building and managing alliances.
- Providing training and information to USAID staff and partners on alliance building for YALI.
- Managing an alliance-building team of USAID staff who work together to share contacts, tips, approaches and alliance activities in order to mitigate challenges faced by staff.
- Creating and managing tools that recognize excellent alliance-building efforts at the mission, region and bureau levels.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including the following specialized experience as identified by grade level.
FOR THE GS-12 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed in order to successfully perform the duties of this position. Specialized experience is typically in the same field or a field that is closely related to the work of the position.
Examples of this type of specialized experience include:
- Work managing or participating in the management of a specific program for an organization that required you to apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to resolve issues/problems and to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the program;
- Utilizing knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes and administrative operations of an organization in order to make sound decisions when conducting the work;
- Work that required you to build relationships across organizations and with external entities in order to accomplish program and agency goals and objectives; and
- Work that required you to use strong interpersonal skills in order to negotiate to resolve conflict and recommend solutions to disputes.
- As a condition of employment, satisfactory completion and favorable adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check may be required for this position.
- Position may be eligible for telework.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical techniques and evalluation crtiteria to measure and improve program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity.
- Knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operiaotns of the organization.
- Knowledge of the pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents that affect the use of program and related support resources for a specific area.
- Ability to build partnerships across organizations and with external entities.
- Ability to utilize interpesonal and negotiating skills to resolve conflict and to recommend solutions for disputes.
We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://fas.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=945869d1-cd04-4151-93fb-a3410093c44f