Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
FOR THE GS-12 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience that was equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service (equivalent to the GS-11 level) that demonstrates that they have the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed in order to perform the duties of this position at the GS-12 level.
*NOTE: Applicants must show evidence of possession of this specialized work experience in the work experience section of their resumes - failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
Examples of this type of qualifying specialized experience include the following:
- Work managing or participating in the management of a specific program for an organization that required you to apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to resolve issues/problems and to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the program;
- Utilizing knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of an organization in order to make sound decisions when conducting the work;
- Applying analytical techniques and evaluation criteria in order to measure and improve the effectiveness and/or organizational productivity for a specific program; and
- Work that required you to utilize good interpersonal skills in order to negotiate solutions to issues or disputed recommendations.
• Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. The position may require a Confidential, Secret, or Top Secret security clearance or be subject to a Public Trust background investigation at the time of appointment, and may be subject to reinvestigation every five years thereafter. A favorable adjudication of the clearance or background investigation at the time of appointment and on reinvestigations is a condition of employment.
• If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS "E-VERIFY" system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
• Travel will be required, including occasional international travel to Sub Sharan Africa.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Knowledge of the pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents that affect the use of program and related support resources in the area studied.
- Knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of the organization.
- Knowledge and skill in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity.
- Skill in conducting detailed analyses of complex functions and work processes
- Ability to apply interpersonal skills in order to negotiate solutions to disputed recommendations.
We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://fas.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=046f9af8-a138-4d08-8ef6-a34100a547bb