Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (Security)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:National Agricultural Statistics Service
Job Announcement Number:DEU-14-1122786-AN
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, June 09, 2014 to
Friday, June 13, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
Find Solutions to Agricultural Problems that Affect Americans Every Day, From Field to Table
Who May Be Considered: Applications will be accepted from all U.S. Citizens. This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
The employee serves as computer security officer for NASS. As such, the employee's main responsibilities include supporting the NASS computer security program covering computer hardware, software, communications, and operating systems.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Svc., or exempt
- Subject to favorable adjudication of a background investigation
- Successful completion of a one-year probationary or trial period
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must have IT-related experience in each of the following four competencies listed below which must be supported by the information contained in your resume and other application materials.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Reviews moderately complex data from multiple sources and determine relevant information to a given situation. Drafts, edits, and disseminates written reports and status updates that are factual, timely and relatively error free.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Maintains relationships with customers with diverse needs. Provides moderately technical or complex information about products and services. Assesses customers' needs and identifies products and/or services to meet their needs. Resolves fairly complex or non-routine problems, questions, or complaints; directs the most complex problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person.
- ORAL COMMUNICATION: Communicates, explains or defends complex information technology ideas and information clearly and adapts to the audiences level of knowledge. Thoughts are well organized. Listens to others, and recognizes potential miscommunications.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Uses logic to identify alternatives to solve complex or sensitive technological problems; anticipates problems and identifies and evaluates potential sources of information and generates alternatives to solve problems where precedents do not exist.
You must have one year (12-months) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates that you have experience in:
- Assisting in the development of information technology security policies and programs;
- Analyzing networks and computer systems for security vulnerabilities and threats;
- Providing recommendations to management on ways to make networks and information systems more secure;
- Investigating security breaches or incidents to identify damages and resolve problems; and
- Working with staff to ensure that computer security policies and procedures are properly implemented.(This experience must be reflected on your resume to meet the requirements of the position)
There is no education substitution at the GS-13 grade level.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply. Applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements described above, may be referred for selection consideration. Applicants who are displaced Federal employees within the local commuting area who are requesting priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) will also be evaluated against the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (or competencies):
- Knowledge of various cyber security, issues, threats, and mitigation strategies
- Ability to develop and modify computer security policies to comply with changing laws and regulations
- Knowledge of general networking technologies, and the role they play in the realm of cyber security
- Ability to identify security problems and evaluate possible solutions
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to communicate in writing
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. Your ratings in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Attempts to falsify information; inflate your qualifications or providing inaccurate information on federal documents may be grounds to adjust your rating or to not select you. Errors, omissions or providing inaccurate information on federal documents may affect your eligibility. If selected providing inaccurate information on federal documents could also be grounds for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please follow all instructions carefully.