General Experience: To
qualify applicants must have one year of general experience, or be a high
school graduate plus 2 years of higher education, or a combination of
experience and education. General Experience is defined as progressively
responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire
the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the
position to be filled.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency
(knowledge, skills, abilities)in the following areas:
· Ability to Use Various Automated Systems
· Ability to Communicate
· Knowledge of Medical Terminology
· Knowledge of Office Protocol
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
Conditions of Employment:
Must type 40 Words per Min
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.