To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Individual Occupational Requirements
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: Applicants must possess and maintain a current, valid, unrestricted license as a psychologist in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a Territory of the United States.
· DEGREE: Major or equivalent in psychology for all specializations except clinical psychology and counseling psychology. These two specializations have additional educational requirements, as stated below:
· CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY: For positions at grades GS-11 and above, satisfactory completion of all the requirements for the doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology is required.
· COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY: For positions at grades GS-9 and above, satisfactory completion of 2 full academic years of graduate study directly related to professional work in counseling psychology, or satisfactory completion in an accredited educational institution of all the requirements for a master's degree directly related to counseling psychology is required.
GS-13: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE DEFINED: Experience and understanding of the Privacy Act of 1974 to maintain complete confidentiality of all administrative, medical and personnel records, and all other pertinent information. Professional experience and understanding of the requirements of this position involve master of the theories, principles, concepts, and methodologies of clinical psychology that is acquired through formal education and training that meets the requirements for the doctoral in psychology degree. Experience to provide effective direct psychological assessment and psychotherapy with a variety of mental health and substance abuse problems with individual adolescents, groups and families. Experience and understanding of the Federal law or regulations, IHS standards and the various regulatory and credentialing organizations (JCAHO, CARF, etc.) and the ability to reconcile contradicting requirements in preparing staff recommendations and/or coordinating clinical services. Experience and understanding of cognitive social learning theory for conceptual guidance to modify the pattern of alcohol and other drug abuse encountered by adolescents and their families as a result. Experience with generally accepted management or supervisory principles to carry out the administrative and supervisory responsibilities of the position.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
NOTE: Your education may be used to substitute specific requirements and/or experience. Your education and work experience may be combined to meet the "Qualification Requirement" of this position. IF selected and you are "Qualified" based on your education you must provide "Official Copies" of your transcripts at that time. (See Qualifications Section of this Vacancy for Requirements).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the closing date: Wednesday, December 31, 2014
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions will be evaluated against the duties you provided in your resume, along with your submitted documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following:
· Interpersonal Skills: Show understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others; may include effectively dealing with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations; is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, disabilities, and other individual differences.
· Oral & Written Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas, or facts) in both verbal & written format to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations for both technical expertise & skill levels to assist in making sound decision with engineers but not limited to others such as: health care professionals, Tribal representatives, federal & state representatives, etc.; listens attentively to others.
· Stress Tolerance: Deals calmly and effectively with high stress situations (for example: tight deadlines, hostile individuals, emergency situations, dangerous situations).
· Technical Competence (Psychology): Knowledge of human behavior and performance in various context; mental processes or the assessment and/or treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
· Therapy & Counseling: Knowledge of diagnosis and/or treatment of physical and mental ailments, and career guidance.
You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the Assessment questions. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration.
The following links below provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran, qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links below for additional guidance:
Click here to view vacancy questions: View Assessment Questions. All documents above MUST be received by 11:59 Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the closing date of, Wednesday, December 31, 2014, to be considered.