This position is located at the Aberdeen Area Youth Regional Treatment Center, Wakpala, SD. The Licensed Clinical Psychologist oversees the professional duties involved in the rehabilitation of the presenting adolescents at the treatment center. The AAYRTC is an 18 bed facility and delivers residential treatment services in an integrated multi-disciplinary manner to clients who are affected by chemical dependence, dysfunctional family behaviors, cross-cultural problems and other addiction problems complicated by mental disturbances, child neglect and abuse. This position provides clinical leadership and direction to the program as well as direct psychological services to residents. This person serves as the Clinical Director for the facility.
· Has overall responsibility for the full range of clinical services for the residential services and of the full breadth and complexity of substance abuse and substance abuse/mental health problems in adolescents. Participates in and provides clinical consultation and leadership in treatment planning, interventions and reviews on a program basis and for individual patients.
· Provides direct psychological services including evaluation, diagnosis, consultation, referral, psychotherapy, crisis intervention and specialized treatment modalities for children/adolescents referred to the Aberdeen Area Youth Regional Treatment Center. Refers and coordinates substance abuse and/or mental health services with outside agencies to ensure appropriate referrals, follow-up, and continuity of care.
· Provides case, program and administrative consultation to other service providers in order to upgrade the general quality of health services and increase understanding of substance abuse and dual diagnosis. Conducts group process consultation in order to assist them in achieving program and/or tribal goals. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the overall mission and goals of the clinical programs are achieved by participating in the formulation of objectives, services, policies and procedures.
· Directs the program related to the effective, efficient and safe operation of the clinical programs within established policies and guidelines. Clinical programs include the following: Nursing, Intake, residential supervision, aftercare/counseling services, and Medical Records. Assists the AAYRTC CEO in meeting standards and reporting requirements imposed by accrediting agencies and regulatory groups as well as higher echelons with the Indian Health Service.
· Establishes and maintains sound working relationships with program staff and outside agency staff. Utilizes outside resources effectively. Exercises significant responsibilities in dealing with officials of other units and organizations and in advising management officials of higher rank.
· The incumbent plans work to be accomplished by subordinates and prepares schedules for completion of work; assigns work to subordinates based on priorities and capabilities of employees; evaluates work performance of subordinates; advise or counsel employees on work and administrative matters; interview candidates for positions, recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions; hear and resolve complaints from employees; effects minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands; identify training needs of employees; approves leave, etc.