Vacancy ID: 1136646
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
The incumbent serves as a staff Construction Control Representative in one of the Resident Engineer Offices associated with the Regional Offices in the Office of Operations, Office of Constructions and Facilities Management, Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction, Office of the Secretary, in the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Office of Operations is responsible for developing and facilitative effective and standard construction management and implementation strategies throughout CFM. The purpose of this position is intended construction activities to include new construction, renovation, seismic reinforcement, modernization, demolition and major system replacement.
Relocation bonuses and/or expenses may be granted for the following cities at the following percentages:
Manhattan, NY - 25%
Aurora, CO (Denver) - 10%
New Orleans, LA - 15%
Palo Alto, CA - 25%
Honolulu, HI - 10%
Scottsmoor, FL - Relocation expenses only
Seattle, WA - Relocation expenses only
- Reviews and analyzes plans, specifications, water district codes, sewer district codes, building codes, industry standards, regulations, technical manuals, etc., and becomes thoroughly familiar with job requirements to assure compliance and ensure feasibility of civil engineering aspects prior to and during construction.
- Analyzes problems and reviews and interprets requirements.
- Suggests and develops work products for documenting progress, creating punch lists and accounting for schedule delays caused by the contractor/subcontractors.
- Inputs and monitors project information on a computerized project management system.
- Assumes active role in design conferences for the purpose of reviewing plans and specifications prior to advertisement to identifying potential constructability obstructions and other construction difficulties.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 25% or Greater
- 25% of the time.