Job Title:Management Analyst
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:EERE-14-CR-028-JW-00363A
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, June 04, 2014 to
Tuesday, June 17, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
Permanent (Career/Career Conditional)|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All U.S. Citizens|
This position is also advertised to status candidates as a Merit Promotion announcement #EERE-14-MP-027-JW-00363A
About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), Office of Operations & Strategic Innovation, Office of Business Operations, Project Management Coordination Office (PMCO).
The Project Management Coordination Office is EERE's corporate resource for Active Project Management. PMCO's mission is to provide EERE executive managers, line managers, and staff offices with unified corporate information, tools, support, analysis, and services that enables EERE to ensure the highest value return on its investments with the lowest possible risks.
A successful candidate in this position will:
- Analyze the effectiveness of programs and operations and the productivity and efficiency of management across EERE's portfolio of projects and project delivery infrastructure.
- Advise EERE management on program and operational changes to improve the delivery of programs and projects.
- Represent PMCO throughout EERE on program and operational matters.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 to 5 days periodically
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
- THIS POSITION IS IN THE BARGAINING UNIT COVERED UNDER NTEU.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Management Analyst, you will:
- Coordinate the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of quality initiatives for assigned projects/programs.
- Facilitate efforts to implement quality initiatives by providing continuous review and evaluation of plans, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Monitor performance against goals with your Supervisor and/or Director.
- Prepare interim reports, position papers, final reports and summaries that reflect findings, goals, recommendations, strategies, and results.
- Brief programs on key initiatives.
- Evaluate various functional operations and program activities and develop and/or present special briefings, reports, etc. for EERE management.
The Office of Operations and Strategic Innovation proactively identifies ways to strengthen EERE’s overall performance, organization, budget, operations, human capital, and project management while achieving significant cost savings. Office of Operations and Strategic Innovation provides executive leadership and direction to the Office of Business Operations, the Office of Financial Management, and the Office of Strategic Programs in all aspects of their functions, empowering them to succeed in contributing to the overall EERE mission.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-12) in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: Experience analyzing and evaluating energy technology programs and projects and advising management on the effectiveness of programs, operations and productivity.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Mastery of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems.
- Knowledge of program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key program events and milestones and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments.
- Extensive skill in planning, organizing, and directing team study work and negotiating effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, where the proposals involve substantial resources, require extensive changes to established procedures, or may be in conflict with the desires of the activity studied.
If this vacancy specifically states that certain educational requirements must be met (also known as a "positive educational requirement"), you must provide documentation supporting any education claims in your application. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted, so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish before the deadline. Our application system displays a countdown timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference.Steps to submit a complete application:
If your resume does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.Steps to modify or withdraw your application:
- You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed resume. (Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded resumes and require that you have a completed resume within your USAJOBS profile using the Resume Builder).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the 'Apply Now' button.
- You must respond to all applicant assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload additional supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to) transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and verification of veteran status.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process. You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received.
- Return to USAJOBS and log in.
- In the "My Account" screen, click "Application Status" in the left-hand column.
- You will see a table list of all the jobs you've applied to, click on the title of the application you want to modify.
- If the announcement is still open the button which normally says "Apply Now" will instead say "Edit Application", click that button. (If you want to withdraw your application from consideration after the closing date, contact the HR Specialist listed on the announcement.)
- You will be directed to the application where you can make changes or you can click "Withdraw Application" to delete your application.
- If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours.
- If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Resume Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.email@example.com.
- If you are experiencing a significant hardship which hinders your ability to apply online please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Resume supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- If specific educational requirements are indicated for this vacancy: Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and grade. Please see the Education section for more information.
- Current/former Federal employees: Most recent Standard Form (SF) 50. To properly verify status eligibility, your SF-50 must show: position title and type, occupational series, grade, and tenure. This is a blank sample SF-50 and should not be submitted with your application!
- Displaced Federal employees: ICTAP/CTAP documentation.
- Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency to receive Veterans Preference under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority. Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.