Job Title:PARALEGAL SPECIALIST (ACWA)
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Customs and Border Protection
Job Announcement Number:MHCDE-ACWA-1135928-MLM
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$35,662.00 to $57,428.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, June 16, 2014 to Wednesday, June 18, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Newark, NJ View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|UNITED STATES CITIZENS|
Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America's Borders
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resiliency to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career in CBP, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders.
At U.S. Customs and Border Protection, we:
- Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please see http://www.cbp.gov/.
Joining the Customs and Border Protection Office of Field Operations will allow you to use your expertise to provide legal support of those executing the law enforcement duties at the port level. This position starts at a salary of $35,662 (GS 5 Step 1) to $57,428 (GS-7 step 10) with promotion potential to GS-11. Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen Homeland Security by performing paralegal activities such as reviewing and finalizing claims, preparing cases, and participating in the work of a paralegal team.
Who May Apply:
- Open to all U.S. Citizens.
- Status candidates may also apply to vacancy 1135929.
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please see http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/careers/gc_1303762131481.shtm.
Organizational Location: This position is located within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations, New York Field Office, Port of Newark/New York, NJ.
One or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement.
- Not Required
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- You may be required to pass a background investigation and/or polygraph
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with Selective Service
- Primary U.S. residency for the last three years (see "Other Information")
- You may be required to pass initial and random drug testing